Monday, May 2, 2011

Letters to Juliet

Last week, as Anna prepares for her business trip this week going to Italy. She mentioned that she will stay near Casa di Giulietta in Verona.

It is said that Juliet's statue bring good fortune to those who would stoke the right breast of the statue, maybe in love, family, friends, career, or whatever you like. In addition to this, Anna and Berns said that when you wrote a letter to Juliet, someone would read that letter and try to make your wish come true. They could grant your wish, gives you advice, make a move to help you maybe find true love.

I would love to write that day. But I do not know what I would like to put in that letter until I’ve watched the movie. When Anna and Berns said that I could make a wish by writing a letter, I was thinking that this letter could help me moved on. This could help me say the words that never came out when I have the chance. This could be the chance of being happy. But watching the movie made things clear that it would still be me to choose and decide the things that would make me happy. 

Claire took 50 years before having the courage to go back in Italy and look for Lorenzo. She may ignore “Juliet’s” response but she decides and took courage to face the truth that after 50 years, she is dying to be with Lorenzo.
I don’t want to wait 50 years, but I’ll make sure that this is really true love. This would sounds absurd because I don’t know what true love is, but I know if that day would come, I would not need to write to Juliet to live happily ever after.

Write now, if I were to write to Juliet, I would have said below:

Ciao Giulietta,

I hope someday, I could write to you about the story of love in my life. I hope that day would come.

Finding true love seems to be so difficult, is it because of love that I kept hiding for a long time? Or the love that I could not put into words because of fear being rejected? Or maybe because it’s not my priority.

I admire you for fighting what you have with Romeo. It may be tragic but the love between the two of you is over flowing that even death could not tear you apart.

I wish I could have the same courage as you are in fighting for your love.

Grazie,
Glad

Sounds that I am confused? Bitter? Afraid? Lost? Whatever it is, it’s what is in my heart right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment